Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Aluminum Shoot

So, today I got together with Blake Repp and began shooting higher quality pictures with him for the front cover. But before we started to shoot, I realized that my makeshift studio did not have enough light. I then decided to add another light bulb to bounce off one of the reflectors. This brightened the area in front of the projector screen but did not bring it to the brightness that I wanted. I then thought that maybe my reflectors are absorbing light from the bounce off because they're not professional equipment. I tried putting aluminum foil on my reflectors to bounce off more light with the least amount of change in set up.


By adding this reflective metal, my makeshift set up had more light than before. At this time I was completely prepared for Blake to come to the studio.

I asked Blake to bring his Nikon camera. He brought the camera and his laptop so we can view the pictures on a brighter and bigger screen before we move on to different set ups or even shots outside. 


Since I am not a professional model, I tried my best to not look awkward in the photos. It took me a while to realize, but by just acting as myself, I was able to become comfortable and intimate with the camera. We took one set of shots on Blake's SD card and another set on mine. When we finished, we weren't able to take any pictures outside because the sky was looking gloomy. But nonetheless, we reviewed the lighting and quality of the pictures on Blake's laptop, with a little less of looking for composition and pose and more focused on whether the light hit my face at the right angle and whether the shadows were visible or not, we decided the the photos were usable and we were going to review them and narrow them down for the magazine later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...