Friday, March 9, 2018

Bollyshop

PHOTOSHOP - This is where I gotta figure out how to use this program to make the best pictures possible. I've only used photoshop a few times for my band stuff but that was just screwing around. Today, I started sitting down and looking at tutorials to see what kind of pictures I'm going to need to take versus what kind of after effects I'm going to have to use to bring those pictures to life. I think this is just a thing that I'll get the hang of over time.

On the other hand, I've been drawing inspiration from one of my friends. Hanna made a two page spread for my band a while back and I've been looking at some of the conventions she used to kinda mold my project into a masterpiece. One of the videos she used really struck me and I know, after watching it myself, that I am now more sure on how to approach my layout. Although I was set on using the text wrap, I think I need to take in consideration of how well people will be able to read it versus it's actual look. I think I'll have to play around with the design before being 100% sure that I'll use this formatting technique. Also I loved how the video used examples and just pointed out the conventions  with a tin y mouse followed by a yellow circle so I can visualize them on real industry layouts.


And on another note, I'm pretty much a lonely boy. Most of the artists in my collective aren't available soon to do photo shoots and interviews for the two page spread, so I guess I'll be interviewing myself for this one. No worries, I have a ton of ethnic wear from my country of origin for costume and all I gotta do now is find some buddies to help me with stage design and camera work.

References
Introduction to Magazine layouts.mp4 [Video file]. (2010, November 8). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JBuCSgbZw&app=desktop
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...