Sunday, March 11, 2018

Wot in Subscription

Because my magazine has such a specific audience, I will need a way to distribute a niche product efficiently. Some of my conventions may even change based on how I decide to distribute.

My magazine targets Indian Americans and Indian Europeans from young adults to adults, I feel as though This magazine may target men better than women because it's content and because I am modeling some of my conventions after The Fader which has a 75% male and 25% female audience.

I've decided that distributing through subscription will be my best bet. I was thinking that distribution through book stores will also be viable. I will not make my magazine available through pharmacy check out points because this magazine does not appeal to the majority of the population. Instead, I will make my magazine available in Indian grocery stores throughout large and small  eastern grocery chains in the USA and Europe. Additionally, AWAZ DO will be available at cultural conferences and conventions such as the annual NABC for Bengali Indians.


Because AWAZ DO will primarily be for subscriptions, I will use a minimum of cover lines. This is perfect because personally, I'm a fan of minimalist designs. I want the subject on the cover to catch the attention of the potential reader and I want the bus alluding design to do the same. Platform loves to do this on their front covers as well.



References
FADER MEDIA | Print. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://advertising.thefader.com/platforms/print/
House of Gharats blends cultures – Platform Magazine. (2016, September 1). Retrieved from http://www.houseofgharats.com/house-of-gharats-blends-cultures-platform-magazine/
NABC 2018 | North America Bengali Convention. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.nabc2018.com/about/nabc2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...