Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Lighting Up

So I sat down and decided that I need to start working on my production. And the first thing I'll need is a photoshoot.

bUt I doNt know how to take photos...

So I looked up a ton of video on how to set up a mini photo booth in my house and I actually came across this really interesting video on how to make cheap lighting set ups for music videos. Then i came across the definition of hard light and soft light and even an article that explained it to me.

At this point I decided that I was ready to make my in home studio. I actually have a recording studio at home which is the perfect location to set up camp. I moved all my instruments out of the room and put up blankets over the windows (because there are no blinds) and set up this really nifty thing in front of my projector screen. A visualization might make more sense than just explaining it.



I was able to replicate a soft light style thing and ended up with really high quality results. Here are two pictures of my hand with the original light in my room versus the studio lighting I set up.


I really liked the results, hopefully with some editing skills I can make my front cover portrait look amazing.


References
6 Cheap Music Video Lighting Setups (ONLY $30!) [Video file]. (2017, February 28). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt4tMGDK5mM&t=210s
Canvas Prints - Print Photos on Canvas | Canvas Press. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.canvaspress.com/#sthash.9TpPDb1e.dpbs
How to Light for Close Up Product Shots & Reviews. (2016, June 24). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3o2e5efn00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...