Thursday, March 15, 2018

Costume DESIgn

For my cover, I began wondering about costume designs and things of this sort. I began looking up more magazine covers of Ranveer Singh because I love most of the photos taken of him and his style is bold and noticeable anywhere. While looking at these covers I noticed that in many cases he's not wearing traditional clothes. He usually wears suits and western clothing in these shots, but it's his pose that is more bold. Usually I would conform to the convention, but in this case I really wanst feeling western clothes on my Indian culture magazine. I decided to compromise and use an Indian style suit.

It took me a day, it I was able to find four Indian style suits. My guess for now is that I will shoot with all four and see which pictures come out the best, but I'm leaning toward putting the aquamarine suit for the cover and the others for the two page spread.

I still haven't planned anything for my table of contents but I want to take some abstract pictures and see if I get any ideas from there.

Below are the four suits I am planning to shoot my cover/two page spread with.


References
V A N I 💖. (2016, December 8). The Outliers: Man of the Year Ranveer Singh covers Man's World magazine. Retrieved from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/337207090835577251/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...