Wednesday, March 7, 2018

inDESIgn

All these ideas are great, but I don't want the quality of my magazine to deviate from my intended formatting. So I decided to take some time to look up software and what nots that could help me produce this magazine. My only current experience with photo editing is when I make small digital posters or promotional pictures for my band. Most of these are done on obscure free editing software that I found online, but I think i need to find something of better substance to produce a nicely formatted magazine concept.

I found that inDesign may be a good way to go because I already know so many people who know how to use it and I can always bother them if i need help instead of ravaging through countless tutorial videos and wikihow searches. The thing is that my cover and two page spread do not have any crazy edits on them and the way I am planning it involved very less editing tools other than overlay/underlay, text wrap, and the input of my specific font.

I wanted to make sure that inDesign can do the text wrapping for my two page spread. And after looking, I found that it's actually super easy to wrap text in this program.


I also found that Adobe has a lil help center that explains literally every little function on inDesign. That is super convenient.

References
Learn how to wrap text around objects in InDesign. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/text-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...