Monday, March 5, 2018

Burgling Ideas

Heyyo, so I just discovered this wonderful formatting idea that I’m going to steal from Fader Magazine. I searched through so many magazine layouts posted online by big companies and amateur editors, I seem to have a pretty good idea on the conventions for my style magazine spread.



At first, using a full page for a picture of the artist/musician/actor caught my eye. Additionally, I found some examples that used the empty space around the artist to wrap text. This format pops to the audience while also having space to provide information about the subject for anyone who is interested in more than a picture.


Additionally, I began my search for a subject for my two page spread. I have spoken with a local Indian artist who makes wonderful Hinduism-inspired art, but his target audience is much older than what I am hoping for my own magazine. Another promising venture is a new Indian collective of varying artists in South Florida. These artists work together to play at all kinds of events and range their talents from alternative rock music to stand up comedians. Each artist has their own target audience and many of the members target younger Non-Resident Indians and Americans. Being a part of this collective myself, I may be able to find a creative who is excited to work with me, or I may have to be in the two page spread myself if I cannot find anyone.


For the cover, I have already decided I will pose for it. This is because I can get the exact shot I want when I am the model.


On a side note, I really liked these pictures of Ranveer Singh taken by Elle Men Magazine, I want to incorporate the same stylistic approach and coloration because my magazine will have a light blue overtone.


References
ELLE India Team. (n.d.). Ranveer Singh on the downside of being a star. Retrieved from http://elle.in/culture/ranveer-singh-december-interview/
Kid Cudi Fader Magazine. (2014, May 11). Double Page Spread. Retrieved from https://stankee.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/double-page-spread/
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...