Saturday, March 3, 2018

Make Some Noise for "Awaz Do."

"Awaz Do" as a title praises the cover artist, actor, or model by literally writing Make some noise over their heads. I think it’s a good play on words to hype up the featured story while also connecting to Indian nostalgia for anyone who can recognize where the phrase comes from. I’m thinking of keeping a consistent theme of baby blue and gold to allude to the color of the Indian government bus. Additionally, I noticed that many of the covers I looked at from my inspirations consist of a plain background and a constant color scheme throughout all issues for Platform Magazine and The Juice. For the masthead, I’m hoping to find a font that mimic’s the government bus, If I cant find a font, I’ll end up painting the masthead myself and scanning it at the highest quality possible for a full painted effect.

--

Okay so I spent an hour on the internet looking up Indian style fonts. Most of them were English fonts that were shaped like a Sanskrit descendant languages with the consistent overhead bar, but this one font, Theka, that seems to be the perfect fit for my magazine.


References
Vector Font. (2015, February 27). Free Font: Theka › FreeTypography. Retrieved from http://freetypography.com/2015/02/27/free-font-theka/
Vector Font. (n.d.). Behance Theka. Retrieved from https://www.behance.net/gallery/22044197/Theka-(Vector-Font)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...