Monday, April 2, 2018

We Hit Gold

So I opened up my project on Canva and began the process that i have been dreading for so long, actually formatting the entire magazine instead of it's parts, but as I began by importing the pictures that I wanted, I realized, nothing that I had was in PNG format to be edited with full transparency. And this was definitely needed for the border.

oh! I forgot to mention, My dad helped me draw a border on copy paper, and then I scanned it in black and white only to make a true masterpiece of alpona.


From here I had to download this weird software called print.net that is basically a rip off of Photoshop and Microsoft Paint. But I had to download it because I have low gas in my car and I don't know how many trips i can take between friends' houses to use Photoshop before I ran out of gas. Additionally, I was too lazy to drive to a gas station and I found this tutorial that can help me convert stuff to PNG format woo!

So, I pulled up that pic on me n I started to go HAM. Within half an hour I had this wonderful golden border that looked absolutely amazing. I kinda wanna use it on like 20 pages of the magazine now.



How To Give ANY Image a Transparent Background - Paint.Net (FREE) [Video file]. (2014, January 6). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPJz330VRk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...