Saturday, March 31, 2018

Not So Golden Idea

So I decided that I'll finish the border before I move on to working on my other two components for this magazine. I wasn't able to get my dad or anyone else to do a design for me, so as always I'll be doing this myself. I have never done alpona designs before but i think what i drew came out well to work with, but I might have to redraw it if it doesn't look good in gold. Below is my original drawing.


When scanning the picture it seem more childish, but I put both the golden and the black next to each other to see how they look and which one might work better. But as I look at it now I'm not liking it too much. It may be because i drew it in sharpie, or because my hand isn't as skilled as a real painter or artist. Regardless, the result is not satisfying and I will need another way to do this correctly.


Additionally, it's time I decided on a format for my table of contents. I think i will do two columns, one with features and the other with common content, and I may do a third column for pictures that relate to these articles. The most important thing to me is that the table of contents is clean and easy to read, because imposing the AWAZ DO style will be much harder if the format is very busy or hard to decipher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...