Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cover Cover Cover

Alright so at this point I'm ready to start messing with some actual layouts for the cover and I came up with this one with one of the pictures. Below is a small draft with the correct color scheme but not font or border on the front. I really think it'll pop once I put those two in but I'm now considered whether I should put at least one or two cover lines as Platform or Fader would, just so I can have something for the audience to read on the cover when this cover catches their eye.


Additionally, I spent about four or five hours changing the color of every pixel on the AWAZ DO title font and was able to make a picture, it's not completely done because it is tedious work, but once I finish the incomplete letter, I will be able to use this title above in my cover.


At this pint I'm realizing that I'm spending wayyyy too much time on the cover, and not as much time on the table of contents or the two page spread. It won't be that hard to write my article because I won't need to interview anyone else. But the table of contents I'm still having a total blank out on what I can do or even should do. I originally intended on making the table of contents a map of India, and each article would have a small arrow to the state that the article pertains to, but I know that will be too complicated, not look nice, and not take account for any article that is not pertaining to a certain region of India.

Right now I'm exhausted from editing the title font, I'm not so sure If i should put as much effort into the rest of the magazine as I did with the cover. I definitely know I did unnecessary work and I know I can bring the same quality in product without this amount of strenuous diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...