Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Prai Shesh

Alrighty, my cover is finally done. I started by choosing the side profile pic for my cover because I felt it was much brighter and more intriguing than the shit where I looked directly into the camera. I know that is contrary to convention, but I think of this as an artistic decision, not always can we follow convention to build the best product. To create the blue I actually layered two pictures that worked perfectly. I'm surprised that this bluing of the picture looks even better than the draft version we did in Photoshop. I think this is because, in Photoshop, upon editing a lower layer, the above layers are affected, which is not the case in paint.net.


After the layering, I added the border, title, and cover lines, and I actually really like how this is looking so far.


The only thing I'm wondering is if the white text will be hard to read, but I think i'll ask some peers what they think and then decide if I'll change the white to gold or black.

I really think the bus is cleanly emulated on the cover without the need for tooooooo flashy designs and vibrant colors. I just realized this too, the baby blue is also an Indian color because it is on the flag, and it is the color of India's cricket team uniform.

OOH I forgot to say this too, some peers gave me the recommendation to remove the mirror because there would be too much going on. I completely agree, after seeing the last draft, I wasn't sure if the mirroring was the right way to go, I just knew that if I tried it, I would know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...