Sunday, April 8, 2018

After All This Time

Okay I finally came around to thinking about my two page spread, And I realllllyyy like what I've done in the past hour or two. I decided to follow the Kid Cudy magazine layout because that was my original intention, AND I had this perfectly good picture of me sticking my tongue out that I can put super blown up on an entire page.

This is what I came up with so far. I started the article, but for now it's nothing to read, it's just the format for the two columns. I'm not digging the black entirely, but when I tried white and gold, it didn't seem to be very readable since the font is smaller. I might think of an alternative like a semi transparent black box for the text to go into, or change the background of the second page, and make the background of the picture blue, or even green and red as thew title is and many examples of truck painting are.


I really like the cross over of the AN' because it's just two letters and it's a unique place to put the title without making it look chopped in half. But stepping back, i'm not liking the color scheme all that much, the grey behind my face and the baby blue with black doesn't scream Indian at all. I'll need to recolor somethings, or maybe even add some portion of the golden alpona to this page to brighten the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...