Wednesday, March 21, 2018

DESIgruntled Head Shots

This post is all about setting up my shot for the cover. I started taking pictures for the cover with a phone just to see how the lighting works and if I was truly getting a clean white background. Below are some no so amused pictures of me standing in front of the lights and the white backdrop.


I like how the background came out straight white without any hard shadow showing but i feel as though it may be a little too dark. I'm going to see if post-editing one of these pictures will make them seem brighter. Another thing is that learned about mirrors today. I think the shots look much cooler when I put them through some sort of mirror filter. Additionally, I thought this could further allude to Indian/West Asian aesthetic of symmetry. Historically, the Mogul Empire - which once ruled over India at it's most east - believed symmetry should be in all work, this is the reason that many great Indian art forms have passed down the need for symmetrical shapes and figures - like the Taj Mahal which identical from all four directions.

Here's an example of a picture edited by me. These photos are still taken with a phone. This coming week, I will shoot and edit higher quality pictures with my friend Blake Repp for the cover, table of contents, and two page spread.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting

Here is my reflection of this entire experience, I had a wonderful time making this magazine including the ups and downs and I learned a lot...